Hey everyone! I got my camera back a little while ago, and now will share a few photos with you all! 🙂 Possibly a few more to come later! 🙂
It has been such a fast period of time until Christmas! Here we are, getting gifts ready and being excited about Christmas, and it’s already here, and it’s the last day of the 12 Days of Christmas blog linkup. 😦 Kind’ve sad, but Lord willing, there will be others! 😀
Thank-you Faith, for organizing this whole deal, and for everyone else who participated. You all did a great job! 🙂 Thanks again Jesseca Dawn for creating all of the blog graphics and for being willing to help out! 😀
Today is a wrap-up post, and I will be posting some pics of DIY cards, that either I or my sister made. 🙂
You can visit my website here: CardStocked I don’t have any product up yet, but if you’d like to order anything, just let me know! 🙂
So here is the first one:
A Winter Wonderland. 🙂
Joy to the World! The LORD is come! 🙂
Jesus is the reason for the season! 🙂
Merry Christmas! 😀
And wrapping up…..:) Everyone, thank you SO much for your support in commenting on my blog and supporting other people’s blogs.
Coming up in the future(Lord willing) A book tour! For my very own book, Racing for Time.
Aaaannnddd. hopefully I will be getting some copies of my book(or at least ordering some) soon, so you can watch out for those! I’ll hopefully be selling them on Amazon, FaceBook, thru email, etc.
And the giveaway winner will be as follows:
Rebekah Eddy! 😀 😀 😀
Thank you so much for everyone who entered! I got a total of 65 entries, so that’s great!
I will be contacting you, Rebekah through email, and yeah!
Stay tuned for more posts y’all!
Thanks for everything, and have a Merry Christmas!
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Merry Christmas everyone!! It’s the 24th! 😀 And also, tomorrow is the ending of both mine and Blessing’s giveaways, so if you want to enter Blessing’s go HERE! If you’d like to enter my giveaway, go HERE!
Now, moving on to today’s post! 🙂
I could’ve gone to DIY Christmas Cards, but since tomorrow is when my card giveaway ends, I guess I’ll do it then. Today, I’m going to be sharing a Christmas message.
Every year, Christmas is exciting, right? I like giving gifts to people, and receiving them, but somehow giving is more fun, isn’t it?
It can be hard to keep the real reason of celebrating Christmas at the center of celebrating. Jesus Christ. The “Christ” in Christmas, in which some people don’t even say. They may say, “Happy Holidays!” Or on signs, “Merry X-mas!” Why’s that? Maybe it’s because people don’t want to offend others by saying Merry Christmas. Is that what our world is coming to?
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
This great news is JESUS CHRIST! 😀 And it can be hard to celebrate Him as the center of all, especially with Christmas chaos and unwrapping gifts, etc., but maybe we should really try to put Him at the center.
He came out of really great love for us and ended up dying on the cross to save us from our sins. He made Himself lowly, coming as a baby, being 100% man, yet 100% God!
Let’s thank Him for His love not only this season, but for the rest of our lives!
Hey everyone, can you believe that it’s Christmas Eve tomorrow? Amazing. It’s the tenth day of Christmas!
(Haven’t used this one yet) 😉
Today will be good Christmas movies and movies to watch around Christmas (although you can watch them other times during the year too. 🙂
A Snowcapped Christmas:
Claire Benton is a figure skater who is broken on the inside and out. Driven to the brink by her coach, she is forced to spend the weeks leading up to Christmas in the picturesque mountain regions of Western Canada at a sports rehabilitation center. While resting, Claire meets Paul, a single father and former Canadian hockey player. Forced to retire early from the game due to an injury, Paul now spends his time raising his daughter while running the local ice fishing and tackle shop. This unlikely duo locks horns only to discover they have more in common than they thought. A true man of the Canadian north, Paul teaches Claire all the activities that personify a Canadian winter – from snowmobiling and ice fishing to chopping down a real Christmas tree for the holidays.
On her part, Claire encourages Paul – who has not played a game of hockey since being forced to retire – back onto the ice. Together with his former hockey teammates, Paul rouses the town’s Christmas spirit when, on Christmas Eve, they engage in a truly Canadian tradition of playing a game of hockey on the ice covered lake. Paul and his daughter’s Christmas is complete when Claire returns to the mountains having learned that there is more to life than competition. (Wikipedia)
I watched this movie at my cousin’s house not too long ago, and it is a good, clean movie.
I personally have not seen this movie, but my sister has, and she said it’s good, so I’ll go by her word. 😉
Layla accompanies Seth to her cousin’s wedding, and everyone is surprised when she announces they’re engaged. They are forced to keep up the pretense, and as they spend more time together, they find themselves feeling something very real.
Beyond the Mask. SO good! Awesome movie.
The film follows William Reynolds, a former assassin for the British East India Company. To redeem his past and earn the heart of the woman he loves, he must aid in the cause of the colonists during the American Revolution. (Wikipedia)
The Identical. I have watched this movie more than once, and it is a good, clean movie! Watch it. haha. Nine or Ten/ 10
After William and Helen Hemsley give birth to identical twin boys, the brothers are unknowingly separated at birth during the Great Depression. Drexel Hemsley becomes an iconic 1950s rock and roll star, while Ryan Wade, born Dexter Hemsley, struggles to balance his love for music and pleasing his father. The Reverend Reece Wade and his wife, Louise, are sure their adopted son has been gifted and called by God to be a preacher. But Ryan challenges his parents’ vision for his life, and unflinchingly chooses to launch his own music career with his best friend, Dino. Encouraged by his wife, Jenny, and employer, Avi, Ryan embarks on an unpredictable, provocative path – performing the legendary music of Drexel Hemsley in sold out venues all across the country. As the brothers’ destinies intertwine, Ryan discovers that Drexel is his twin brother. (Wikipedia)
I am going to leave it off here you guys. 🙂 See you tomorrow!
Hey everyone! 🙂 Let’s move onto day #9! Only 3 more days until Christmas! Whaat?!
So, let me remind you that the giveaway I’m hosting only has three days left, so if you would still like to keep those entries comin’ click HERE! Also, Blessing Counter is having two awesome giveaways! So go check those out over HERE!
Let’s move on, shall we? 🙂
A little more of a laid-back post today. I’m going to be sharing some Christmas-ey pictures that I’ve taken from around my house and outside when it was snowing! And a few more pics.
Above picture: My wonderful friend gave me this awesome mug that has the name of my book on one side and a quote from one of the characters on the other side. So awesome!
And one more!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Enjoy the pictures!
It’s getting SO close to Christmas! Yahoo! 😀
And. the 8th day of Christmas! 🙂 Wow. Do you know how the song goes? “On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me….?” What did he or she give?
Today is Christmas carols. Some of my favorites was what I was going to be doing, but there are so many, and recently I found some non-carol, but Christmas songs that I like, so I will share those and a couple of Christmas songs.
2. “Behold” By Bella and Aerie Camp, Jeremy Camp’s daughters. One of his daughters wrote it! You guys have to listen to this one. When I started listening to it, I would just listen to it multiple times over. 😀
3. December Song by Jonatan Moser. Very well done. Yes, I have listened to this song many times, not this version in particular, but the song in general. This guy entered this song for the Peter Hollen’s December Song entry contest, and he did a fantastic job!
4. “Noel” by Lauren Daigle ft. Chris Tomlin. I found out about this song recently, but listen to it and tell me what you think!
5.”Light of the World” by Lauren Daigle
“He is the song for the suffering
He is Messiah
The Prince of Peace has come
He has come, Emmanuel.”
“The drought breaks
With the tears of a mother
A babies cry is the sound
Of love come down
Come down, Emmanuel”
Just imagine that, Christ came down as lowly as a baby when he was a King, because He loved us so much! What great love!
Christ has come! We have a hope! The Prince of Peace has come! He is the song for the suffering! He will comfort you and give you strength! He is the promised Messiah.
And now for some traditional carols.
Lady Antebellum’s Silent night/ Lord of my Life version!
Christina Grimmie’s version of “O Holy Night” Sadly, she died this year in June, but here is one of the Christmas songs she sang.
I have to get going, so I’ll see you all tomorrow! 😀 Merry Christmas everyone!
Hey everyone! Ready for day #7? Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Time flies.
(I’ve forgot to put the graphic up yesterday on my last post, and maybe on the one before that!)
Today I’m hopefully going to be doing more of an interesting one for y’all. Games to play at Christmas! Of course, you can play these games during the year as well, but when you’re inside, and it’s cold outside, and warm inside, don’t you just want to snuggle up with a warm blanket with a cup o’ tea or hot chocolate (or coffee, Blessing!)? And maybe? just maybe play a game?
You’ve come to the right place, folks. 😉
Here we go!
2. Dutch Blitz. Okay, when my sister and brother and I went to my cousins’ house, my sister and I and either one or two of my girl cousins played this game A LOT. And let me tell you that this is a game definitely to play. Up to 4 players. And if you buy the extension pack, you can have up to 8 players! 😀 (If you don’t have it, you can buy them both on Amazon)
3. SCATTeRGORIeS! I did it 🙂 This is a great game to play during the wintery season. You have a dice with all of the letters of the alphabet, and a timer up to 3 minutes. When you roll the dice, you’ll land on a letter, say “L”. You should already have these papers.. er lists, that should’ve been chosen at the beginning. So say you choose list 5. You have your own papers.. that have up to twelve numbers. You roll the dice. The letter is “L.” You start the timer, and try to think of words that start with the letter “L” that would describe the ones on the list you chose. Once the timer is up, you stop, (unless you’re in the middle of a word) and someone goes through the list, asking each person what they got for that particular one. Whoever has the most points wins that round, but.. there are three columns on your sheet of paper(they come with the game) and whoever has the most points at the end of the three games wins. But it’s fun to play in general. You can also get the Bible version, which is harder than the normal version. Really will test your Bible knowledge. 😉
(whew!) Hopefully that wasn’t too confusing for you all 😉
4. Apples to Apples. Another card game! Let me know if you’ve played it. It can have up to eight players, but you know, you might be able to do more…. Or be on teams. This game is great for winter when you’re staying inside and sitting by the fireplace. 😉
5. This is actually a computer game, but it is really good and great to play! A private detective named Nancy Drew (have any of you read the books?) Well, HER Interactive created computer mystery games. Now, mind you, some of them can be a bit scary, but if you love those kind, go for it 😉 If you think they look boring, then do not think that. Look up trailers and reviews and even walkthroughs if you aren’t sure about getting them or want to see what it’s like 🙂
6. Who, What, Where, When, Why.
No, this is not a card game. No, this is not a board game either. It is, in fact, a paper game!:)
How to play:
Whoever is playing get them each a sheet of paper(lined is good). Make sure everyone has a pen or pencil or some writing utensil. 😉 Make sure no one sees what you write! First, write “Who.” So someone. Say you wrote “Jamie the popcorn piece.” That would be “who.” Then you fold the part with your writing on it underneath your paper and pass it to the person on your left. (everyone does this) and do the same with ‘what,’ (writing what they did) ‘where, (writing where they did it) ‘ and ‘why,’ (writing why they did it) except that you won’t be able to see what the person wrote before, so it might not make sense once you read them all aloud at the end. Good for laughs and fun.
So, there you have it! Six games you can play, and there are TONS more.
Have a great rest of the week and Christmas! 😀
Hey everyone! Can you believe it? Day 6! Only 6 more days till Christmas Day! AND 5 more days till Christmas Eve!
Today I am going to let you guys know a few of our family’s traditions. It’s going to be a short post though….
2.We usually(most of us) will have our Christmas gifts(or at least most of them) under the tree before Christmas
3.For the past couple of years, we have kind of broken the “tradition” of setting up the Christmas tree on December first. This year, we set it up November 29, and last year I think was the same.
So what kind of traditions do you do in your house?
Hey everyone! Today, will be:
2. Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Cookies (haven’t tried this recipe myself, but I have made shortbread before, and it is really good)
3. Of course, Gingerbread Men Cookies!
And for some healthyish ones;)
1. Grinch Kabobs (never have tried these myself, but how can you go wrong with a toothpick and fruit? With a marshmallow at the top. ;))
Hey, did you know you can have pretty healthy gingerbread cookies too?
You can use the same recipe above ^^ but just substitute some ingredients for healthier ones? Substitute the all-purpose flour for spelt or kamut or sprouted whole wheat flour, and voila! Substitute the sugar for maple syrup and voila! And the shortening for butter! 🙂
2. Apple Cider 🙂
Very easy, everyone. 🙂 Just grab some apple cider from the store (pay for it first 😉 or get some apple juice, put it in a slow cooker or pot on the stove, and add cinnamon or cinnamon sticks. If you’re feeling adventurous, add some Bengal Spice tea to the mix. You just might like it! 🙂 Once it is heated, pour into a mug, and sip intermittently, while you are sitting on a couch, (or sofa 😉 ;)) reading a book 🙂
Okay, that will be all everyone. 🙂 I have to skiddadle, so see you all tomorrow! 🙂 (most of the recipes from Allrecipes.
Ready for day #4?
Here we go.
Secret Santa gift ideas! If you ever want to have a little gift to give to someone else, then go for it!
4. You can do baking! (cookies..mmmm…gingersnaps… or gingerbread cookies, or other things….) Send them off in a little pack of 4 or 5 and wrap it with a ribbon and maybe a little note. 🙂
5. Get a nice, warm sweater 🙂
6. Give them a spa in a jar (pinterest) So you can kind’ve see what’s in there 🙂
7. Get them a nice mug with something written on it. 🙂
8. Sugar scrub 🙂
9. and anything else that you might think of, and that might be a good gift, go for it. 🙂