Hey everyone! Ready for day #7? Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Time flies.
(I’ve forgot to put the graphic up yesterday on my last post, and maybe on the one before that!)
Today I’m hopefully going to be doing more of an interesting one for y’all. Games to play at Christmas! Of course, you can play these games during the year as well, but when you’re inside, and it’s cold outside, and warm inside, don’t you just want to snuggle up with a warm blanket with a cup o’ tea or hot chocolate (or coffee, Blessing!)? And maybe? just maybe play a game?
You’ve come to the right place, folks. 😉
Here we go!
- UNO- Yes! Spanish for one. (Have you ever watched Dora the Explorer? “Backpack, Backpack!”) This card game can be played up to…7+ people! So, if ya have a big family(like me) or have a smaller family, but lots of friends, then go for playing it! (Even if you don’t have either of those, you can play with a small group too)
2. Dutch Blitz. Okay, when my sister and brother and I went to my cousins’ house, my sister and I and either one or two of my girl cousins played this game A LOT. And let me tell you that this is a game definitely to play. Up to 4 players. And if you buy the extension pack, you can have up to 8 players! 😀 (If you don’t have it, you can buy them both on Amazon)
3. SCATTeRGORIeS! I did it 🙂 This is a great game to play during the wintery season. You have a dice with all of the letters of the alphabet, and a timer up to 3 minutes. When you roll the dice, you’ll land on a letter, say “L”. You should already have these papers.. er lists, that should’ve been chosen at the beginning. So say you choose list 5. You have your own papers.. that have up to twelve numbers. You roll the dice. The letter is “L.” You start the timer, and try to think of words that start with the letter “L” that would describe the ones on the list you chose. Once the timer is up, you stop, (unless you’re in the middle of a word) and someone goes through the list, asking each person what they got for that particular one. Whoever has the most points wins that round, but.. there are three columns on your sheet of paper(they come with the game) and whoever has the most points at the end of the three games wins. But it’s fun to play in general. You can also get the Bible version, which is harder than the normal version. Really will test your Bible knowledge. 😉
(whew!) Hopefully that wasn’t too confusing for you all 😉
4. Apples to Apples. Another card game! Let me know if you’ve played it. It can have up to eight players, but you know, you might be able to do more…. Or be on teams. This game is great for winter when you’re staying inside and sitting by the fireplace. 😉
5. This is actually a computer game, but it is really good and great to play! A private detective named Nancy Drew (have any of you read the books?) Well, HER Interactive created computer mystery games. Now, mind you, some of them can be a bit scary, but if you love those kind, go for it 😉 If you think they look boring, then do not think that. Look up trailers and reviews and even walkthroughs if you aren’t sure about getting them or want to see what it’s like 🙂
6. Who, What, Where, When, Why.
No, this is not a card game. No, this is not a board game either. It is, in fact, a paper game!:)
How to play:
Whoever is playing get them each a sheet of paper(lined is good). Make sure everyone has a pen or pencil or some writing utensil. 😉 Make sure no one sees what you write! First, write “Who.” So someone. Say you wrote “Jamie the popcorn piece.” That would be “who.” Then you fold the part with your writing on it underneath your paper and pass it to the person on your left. (everyone does this) and do the same with ‘what,’ (writing what they did) ‘where, (writing where they did it) ‘ and ‘why,’ (writing why they did it) except that you won’t be able to see what the person wrote before, so it might not make sense once you read them all aloud at the end. Good for laughs and fun.
So, there you have it! Six games you can play, and there are TONS more.
Have a great rest of the week and Christmas! 😀